Monday 29 November 2010

Orpheus and Eurydice


I will retell the story of Orpheus and Eurydice anew
I will make it real to us
For I don’t like sad twists.

I will not recount about how the serpent bit Eurydice
For that makes me jittery
I will avoid the Underworld, the Lethe
Pluto and Charon and the Styx
It convolutes joy within me

I want to talk about Orpheus, the Harper,
Of how he could sing and charm the Underworld
I want to capture the spirit of his song
That rent the air and warmed up Sisyphus

I want to paint a picture
Of the harper
That sang to the heart
That won Eurydice
How with only a harp he stirred up
The soft emotions of the Underworld
To bring her back to life
That is the story I want to retell.

C) Lorot Salem 2010

3 comments:

madhumakhi said...

We all hate sad endings don't we?

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

magical ending,
love is more than medicine, love does wonders.

thanks for retelling the lovely story.

Sherry said...

I'm diggin what you're writing

Post a Comment

Echoes of the Hills is all about you. I would love to hear your echo...

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Echoes of the Hills