Sunday 7 November 2010

At Crossroads

There's a cow track down yonder
That snakes along tufts of grass
That leads to the village
Unknown to the sun.

I walked in the woods
Among the Elgon Teak and Baobabs
The acacia and the pine
I got entangled in a buttress
That clasped my feet and sprung it high
And landed my feet and sprung it high
And landed me on the scaly back of a Mahogany
In an embrace of excruciating pain

But I trodded on
In the wild walk
In search of me

On a river
I saw a pale reflection of somebody
Ghostly and phanton-like
It grinned on me

I threw a stone at it
But it curled and churled
Then grinned and tantalized me

We stared at each other for a long time
Each grinning and gazing
In the high stakes of mockery
Till we couldn't see each other any more

C) Lorot Salem 2010




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Echoes of the Hills is all about you. I would love to hear your echo...

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Echoes of the Hills