Monday 22 November 2010

Homeward bound



Perhaps home’s changed
Perhaps it is worse than ever
I can’t bear the maddening thought that
People have like migratory ants fled
Far, far away
To distant lands
I will cup my heart
And cuddle my teary-eyed hope
Yes, I will shake
All traces of foreboding and guilt
I will go home
Whether burnt to ashes
I don’t care
Whether empty and forsaken
Good gracious, I care not
Whether inhabited by wild wiry ghosts
A thousand times, I won’t be trepidated
I will go home
The home of my past and glory
The home of my joys and pleasures
That’s the home I want to go to
To link with my spirits

C) Lorot Salem 2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Echoes of the Hills is all about you. I would love to hear your echo...

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Echoes of the Hills