Saturday 16 April 2011

Symbol of Justice

Image credit: google: jmwanikiadvocates.com




They say justice is a fountain
Eternally flowing
Cleansing
Mankind’s unjust acts

As I feasted mine eyes
On this spectacle
This boy statue I saw
Naked may be to symbolize
Naked justice, unpretentious?
Dripping with water
Wherewithal man’s offences are washed
Through a trial?

I don’t know if I am right
But as I saw the fountain and the statue
My smile dried up: I was in serious territories!

C) Lorot Salem 2011

Inspired by Donna Vorreyer's Poetry Tow Truck 16: Statuesque Put Words Together. Make Meaning

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Echoes of the Hills is all about you. I would love to hear your echo...

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Echoes of the Hills