Tuesday 19 April 2011

The Great Commission




Image credit: google:jeffjensocala.blogspot.com



“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit…”—Matthew 28: 19, NIV.



Whenceupon the Lord saith to all poets
And poetesses:
“Go ye, therefore, to the Literary World
Walk forth to nations with the Word
Tell them about my Son
Paint them the glory of the sun
Craft limericks, haiku and prose
Compose, call forth wit in solitary throes
Write to them, that I be exalted

“Your mental crusts I begot
With a little more finesse you got
To write an elegy to a dead stone
Or a King, senile, a pauper dethroned
Or so sad a picture an artist could envy

“Go yea, therefore, my children
To nations of the earth, with your quills and inks
Go tell them that my son in vain didn’t die.”

C) Lorot Salem 2011

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Echoes of the Hills is all about you. I would love to hear your echo...

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Echoes of the Hills