Tuesday 5 April 2011

Confucius Tells Me

Confucius tells me:
“Lorot Son of the Hills,
read
as if you
are chasing
after
somebody
you are
afraid
of losing”

my kinsmen tell me:
“Lorot Son of the Hills,
read
all
 the books
in that
school
learn all their secrets”

following their counsel,
I threw my heart into this
poring on endless pages
flipping through tomes
Chasing after that solitary man

and while I have not read all books
( my kinsmen will be shocked at this)
the much I have read
have stretched my mind
to endless possibilities
I could hitch my mind
on an abstract object
and still get a lifeline!

C) Lorot Salem 2011

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Echoes of the Hills is all about you. I would love to hear your echo...

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Echoes of the Hills