Thursday 28 April 2011

I Got Interviewed


It has happened. I got interviewed at Poets United, a  robust poetry community that boasts of more than 210 active members and more than 70,000 visitors. I owe it to you, my reader, for being such an inspiration in my writing. I write for you. Thank you Sherry Blue Sky ( "Koko") for making this possible.

I also thank Tororot, the God of the Rising Sun, for lighting my path. I said that 2011 will be my poetry year.

To the many voiceless ones whose voices can't rise beyond a whisper, those suffering injustices in their varied forms and those who put their lives in the line for a better world, keep up the good work. Take consolation in the fact that though you be humiliated and harrassed and even killed whether in broad daylight or at night, in limelight or in the shadows, your whispers will all filter into an echo, an echo so loud it will ricochet off , bouncing on and on the walls of history, past, present or the future,  for the cause you fought for.

Most sincerely,
Salem Lorot " Lorot Son of the Hills"


6 comments:

The Poet said...

Hello Salem,
I was really impressed with your interview. You shared many things, some of which were definitely eye opening for me.

Congratulations on being featured. You are a very talented young man, full of much promise and hope. Embrace every opportunity you are given. I wish you many successes now and in the future.

Warm regards,
Andy

Salem Lorot said...

Good friend Andy, first I am appreciative of your kind comments. Reading them here fills me with great joy, especially coming from you. I am an avid reader of your blog. You are the reason why I am doing this. I will follow your advice.

Thank you so much, Andy.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Salem, again the beauty of your words, as you speak for the voiceless, fills me with hope. I know a bright future is shining ahead for you, because you have worked hard, because your heart is true and filled with fire to do great things, and Tororot has blessed you with an amazing talent. I am going to enjoy watching things unfold for you. Koko

Raining Iguanas said...

Wow, I don't know what to say. That doesn't happen too often. I am simply honored to be here.
Yours Truly,
John Greenwood.

Salem Lorot said...

@ Sherry Blue Sky, and again too, I appreciate that Koko. The way things are happening fast, Koko, I have a feeling blessings are chasing me down. They are not raining, they are pouring. You will watch them unfold and while reading these comments, we will reminisce, saying, " Told ya, Kiddo, grandmom's intuition, grandson..See..."

@ Raining Iguanas, thank you good friend. I am also honestly honoured to have you here. If only you peered into my heart to see how glad I am.

Unknown said...

Hey Salem.Just read the interview and ws impressed1 Word for you flow so easily... so impressed.

Continue the good work.

Post a Comment

Echoes of the Hills is all about you. I would love to hear your echo...

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Echoes of the Hills