Wednesday 27 October 2010

My Death Wish

If I die, God forbid
Don't fret and fuss
Don't stage a street-farce

If I die, buy me a coffin
In the shape of a statute
Invite all my learned friends
And tell them to wear their wigs
Haul all my clients

Don't praise me- raise not my puny worth
For I was nothing but a wordsmith
In charged courtroom battles
That called for sly tongue

Tell Brother Judge to donate my firm
To orphans at Nyumbani Children's Home
Burn all files
And scatter the ashes to the four winds

Play that clip where I cried
After losing a landmark case
If I die, do all these,
But only if I die.

C) Lorot Salem 2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Echoes of the Hills is all about you. I would love to hear your echo...

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Echoes of the Hills