Wednesday 26 January 2011

Write Me a Letter




Write me a letter, Sweet One,
A letter whose first paragraph will cloud my eyes
A letter with Englishicated English
A letter with words like perambulate
A letter with a dedication of top ten songs
A letter perfumed and dusted with powder

Write me a letter, My Beloved,
In your slanting handwriting
A letter that I will read in class
And all my friends will turn green with envy
A letter that I will keep under the pillow
A letter which if your parents saw you will be excommunicated

Write me a letter, the Pupil of my Eye,
A letter that has never been written by any other lady
A letter that I will read in class, in the loo and deep into the night
A letter with the last paragraph that will defy comprehension
A letter that will make up for our long distance

Write me a letter, the Breath of my Voice,
A letter that will remind me of the sugarcane we chewed
A letter whose words will jump from paper to heart
A letter that will bewitch me
A letter that will be shy yet bold
A letter that will be uncensored yet suspense-filled
A letter of friendship yet intimate

Write me a letter, the Goddess of the Hills,
A letter that has never been written by a lady
A letter that will pulsate in my heart
A letter that can sing
A letter that will remind us of butterflies and bees.

C) Lorot Salem 2011

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Echoes of the Hills is all about you. I would love to hear your echo...

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Echoes of the Hills