Monday 30 May 2011

So Little Done, So Much To Do



When I said that my twenty four hours
Aren’t enough nowadays and wouldn’t mind
A couple of hours added unto me
Some doubted my time management skills
They missed my point.

You see, there is so much in all this
I need to explore statutes, legal dicta
And legal authorities
I have to watch the telly to find out what is
Transpiring all over the world
I have to meet beautiful souls and hear their voices

I need to walk to the forest
And watch the Little bee eater, bustard
And hornbill in ther full glory
I want to hear the  warble of nightingales
I want to hear the chitter of raccoons
Or even the cock-a’doodle-doo of the rooster

I need more time to read all the poetry blogs
I need to read all the best books
I need to have time to change the world
I need time to follow my path
And when I am at my deathbed
Like Cecil Rhodes I will say
“So little done, so much to do”.

C) Lorot Salem 2011

From a prompt by Carry on Tuesday #107 


Task was to use the last words said by Cecil Rhodes, "So little done, so much to do".



9 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh, I SO LOVE THIS. Yes, it isnt just the Must Do's that need doing, it is the Need To Do's, for one's soul's happiness. I love all the things you want and need to do.......once your studies over and life becomes work, I am sure you will have more time for the Real Stuff of life, the stuff that feeds your soul and shows up in your poetry, like the lovely birds in this poem. I love this poem so so much!!!!!

Andy Sewina said...

It's true, there's never enough hours in the day...

Nicely said!

Salem Lorot said...

@ Sherry Blue Sky, thanks Koko. Welcome back and thanks for kokoistic sentiments...it is filled with nuggets of wisdom.

@ SweetTalkingGuy, thank you for gracing my comments section. Read your profile and had me laughing. It will be fun to read more of your poetry. :)

Anonymous said...

GREAT take on the prompt - and I can relate with the important lists of "so much to do!"

Salem Lorot said...

@ beccagivens, thanks so much. Glad that you related with this. :)

Whitesnake said...

Sounds like a bucket list ta me...

Salem Lorot said...

@ Whitesnake, ha ha. I agree. It is crazy!

The Poet said...

Smiling...my wife is always telling my I have no time management skills. I always seem to be rushing to do something. Like you said, there's not enough hours in any 24 hour period.

But...you must find time to do the things you love, otherwise life will become a chore and you will end up lost & stressed. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices for "me time". I learned that the hard way.

Thank you for sharing. I really enjoyed this.

Salem Lorot said...

@ Andy, thank you my brother. That is wise counsel there. I admit these are some of important life lessons and I am glad I am learning from you.

Post a Comment

Echoes of the Hills is all about you. I would love to hear your echo...

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Echoes of the Hills